Prague has a variety of accommodations to suit different tastes and budgets. Some popular areas to stay in include:
- Old Town (Stare Mesto): This is the historical center of Prague and offers a mix of medieval buildings, shops, and restaurants.
- New Town (Nove Mesto): This area is located to the east of Old Town and is known for its shopping and nightlife.
- Lesser Town (Mala Strana): This is a picturesque neighborhood located on the west bank of the Vltava River and is known for its beautiful architecture and peaceful atmosphere.
There are many hotels and hostels located in these areas, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxurious 5-star hotels. It’s recommended to book in advance, especially during peak tourist season.
Design and boutique hotels in Prague city center
- Falkensteiner Boutique Hotel Prague – next to Main train station in Prague, 3 minutes walking from Wenceslas square and National museum.
- Boho Prague hotel – 2 minutes walk from Powder tower and Palladium Shopping center.
- Hotel Pod Věží – “under the bridge tower”, at the Lesser Town end of Charles bridge.
Cheap hostels in Prague
- Hostel One Home – 5 minutes walk from Main train station and Powder tower.
Good price and location
- Hotel Taurus – nearby Jiriho z Podebrad with rich breakfast included.